Emergency First Response Course
Our Emergency First Response (EFR) program covers:
- Emergency First Response – Primary Care (CPR) teaches participants how to respond to life-threatening emergencies.
- Emergency First Response – Secondary Care (First Aid) covers injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening.
As one of the foremost international CPR and First Aid training companies, Emergency First Response (EFR) gives you the confidence to respond to medical emergencies – not just in the diving world, but in your everyday world with your family, friends, neighbours, class mates and co-workers too.
However, many divers take the Emergency First Response courses to meet program prerequisites, such as PADI Rescue Diver or as preparation for becoming a PADI Divemaster.
But, most have also found the EFR program to be important in every day life. They have taken a significant step in emergency preparedness and feel confident that they can provide care should an emergency situation arise. Would you know what to do if someone collapses? Falls down some stairs? Receives a serious burn whilst cooking in the kitchen?
The Emergency First Response program meets requirements for CPR and First Aid in the workplace (Asia Pacific) and incorporates the latest procedures for emergency patient care. This program also supports the following formal work training packages in Australia – HLTCPR201A, Perform CPR / HLTFA201A, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support / HLTFA301B, Apply First Aid /SRXFAD001A, Provide First Aid
What will I do?
The course incorporates independent study to prepare you for a classroom and hands-on skill development session with your instructor. You will need to watch a video which will preview emergency scenarios and provide step-by-step skill demonstrations. You will learn the same patient care techniques used by medical professionals, but at a lay person level.
- No dive certification required
- No minimum age limit
- Care about other people and want to be able to assist them in a medical emergency
- All Course Materials
- Emergency First Response Certification Card
- Theory and Practical sessions
What You Will Do
Keep these in mind
All PADI Training Courses are to be completed within six (6) months from the enrolment date. Deferment or extension of validity period will not be granted for any PADI Training Course regardless of medical or personal reasons. No refund in full or in part will be given upon expiry of the validity period. Kindly refer Full Term & Conditions.
- Subscribe your data roaming plan instead of buying local sim card as the 3G/4G services in the island is very limited.
What To Bring
- Bring your own swimsuit. Diving wetsuit will be provided
- Swimmers, towel, hat and sunscreen
- 2lt water bottle
- Student e-Record, Signed Medical form & statements – Can be downloaded here