PADI Open Water Diver in Tioman, Malaysia
This PADI Open Water Course will be taken place in Tioman Island, Juara Village. It takes some 3 full days to complete and we start courses literally every other day with small group sizes (average of 3 to 5 students).
The course includes 5 confined water modules where you learn the basic scuba diving skills, 4 open water dives where you demonstrate that you can perform those skills yourself, plus 5 theory sessions where you’ll watch videos, independently study the student manual and some homework which we call knowledge reviews. There are also 4 quizzes (multiple-choice) to be completed to test your knowledge, so we are able to give you additional information and prepare you for the final exam (50 questions, multiple-choice). Above mentioned theory can be done Online via PADI e-Learning without additional cost!
During the Day 1 of the course, you’ll be diving in shallow water dives from shore. However, on the last day of the course we will take you out by boat for your final two open water dives. We will visit a dive location in the vicinity of the Island, famous for its marine life and beauty. On this day, you will dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters.
The duration of the training day will depend on your preference. We normally start at 09.00am, watch some videos, do some theory, go twice into the water for training and are finished between 4pm and 6pm with a good hour lunch break in between.
- 3D2N PADI Open Water Diver course in Tioman
- Only 4-5 students per course
- Flexible dates to suit your schedule
- No min. pax to sign up
- Min 10 years of age
- Anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water
- Able to swim 200 metres with no swimming aids
- Able to tread water or float for 10 minutes with no floating aids
- PADI International Open Water Diver certification
- PADI Online Material
- Use of all scuba equipments
- 4 training dives & confined session
- Instructor Fee
- Beverages (beers)
- Marine Park Fee – RM30
- Meals excluded
- Insurance Cover
What You Will Do
6:30am – Depart Singapore Flyer Bus Terminal
11:30am – Board the ferry at Tanjung Gemok Jetty
1:30pm – Alight at Tekek Jetty, Tioman Island.
1:45pm – Pick up by land transfer pre-arranged by ScubaDo
2:00pm – Check in to accommodation
2:30pm – Dive Training
8:00pm – Dinner, Free and Easy
7.30am – Breakfast
8:00am – Dive Training
12:00pm – Lunch
1:00pm – Dive Training
8:00pm – Dinner and Knowledge Quick Review
7.30am – Breakfast
8:30am – Dive Training & Certified
12:00pm – Leave ScubaDo to Tekek Jetty
2:30pm – Board Ferry from Tekek to Tanjung Gemok
5:00pm – Depart back to Sg by coach
Keep these in mind
All PADI Training Courses are to be completed within six (6) months from the enrolment date. Deferment or extension of validity period will not be granted for any PADI Training Course regardless of medical or personal reasons. No refund in full or in part will be given upon expiry of the validity period. Kindly refer Full Term & Conditions.
- Subscribe your data roaming plan instead of buying local sim card as the 3G/4G services in the island is very limited.
What To Bring
- Bring your own swimsuit. Diving wetsuit will be provided
- Swimmers, towel, hat and sunscreen
- 2lt water bottle
- Student e-Record, Signed Medical form & statements – Can be downloaded here