PADI Sidemount Diver Course
PADI Sidemount Diver is a scuba diving equipment configuration which has diving cylinders mounted alongside the diver, below the shoulders and along the hips, instead of on the back of the diver.
It began as a configuration popular with advanced cave divers, as smaller sections of cave can be penetrated and tanks can be changed with greater ease. The same benefits for operating in confined spaces were also recognised by divers who conducted technical wreck diving penetrations.
Find a new and different way to configure your cylinders with the PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty Course. Sidemount diving offers:
- an alternative way to streamline in the water
- easier equipment transportation when topside
- reduced lower back strain
- provides redundant gas supply
- ability to monitor all equipment because it’s in front of you
- increased gas supply for longer dives
Because you are able to move the cylinder from your back to your side, it instantly takes the pressure off your back and gives you more flexibility to move and enjoy your dive. Plus, you don’t have to walk to the dive site with the cylinders on your back. You can enter the water and clip them on and go.
- 15 years of age
- PADI Open Water Diver Certification or equivalent
What is included in the program?
You will be supplied with all the diving equipment required for the pool session and open water dives. Only suitable and maintained equipment will be provided to all students as this not only improves your safety but will also improve your comfort and enjoyment in the water. All you will need to bring is your swimming attire and towel and your instructor will provide the rest!
- All Course Material
- All Necessary Dive Equipment
- PADI Side Mount Certification Card
- Pool and Theory sessions
- 3 Local Dives
What To Bring:
- Bring your own swimsuit. Diving wetsuit will be provided
- Swimmers, towel, hat and sunscreen
- 2lt water bottle
- Student e-Record, Signed Medical form & statements – Can be downloaded here
- Subscribe your data roaming plan instead of buying local sim card as the 3G/4G services in the island is very limited.