Level – 2
PADI Advanced Freediver course will take your freediving skills to the next level! This course is designed to refine and improve your freediving skills, allowing you to progress step by step while learning how your body performs during apnea.
We conduct our PADI Freediver course over three days. PADI Advanced Freediver course consists of
• Knowledge development
• 2 Confined water sessions in the shallow water at the sandy area of our house reef
• 2 Open water sessions – two training sessions conducted from our freediving boat
• Breathing and stretching workshop
The Knowledge Development section of PADI Advanced Freediver course consists of independent learning using PADI Freediver Touch.
Additionally, with your instructor you will learn O2 and CO2 static and dynamic tables, advanced relaxation techniques, refining your Frenzel equalization and a few more advanced freediving techniques.
Confined water dives
All our confined water dives are conducted in the shallow water along a lengthy patch of sandy bottom of our house reef, located in the shielded bay. The pool like conditions of the confined water area will provide a comfortable and safe environment for the skills development, while being in the sea will better prepare you for the open water training sessions.
You will practice using CO2 static and dynamic tables as well as advanced relaxation and rescue techniques. Also, our instructor will help you to refine your DYN technique and introduce you to the purest freediving technique – Dynamic No Fins!
Open Water Training Dives
Go deeper, stay longer, experience free fall!
Advanced Freediver course includes some seriously fun training.
On the first training session, we will practice warm ups, known as the hangs, refine your free immersion and constant weight techniques and eventually proceed to the maximum depth of 16 meters/50 feet.
On the second freediving session, you will practice constant weight freediving technique to the maximum depth of 24 meters/75 feet, experience the joy of free fall, and perform a rescue of a freediver who simulates blackout at 10 meters/30 feet.
Having completed PADI Advanced Freediver course, you are now not only qualified to dive to 24 meters with a buddy but also have all the tools necessary to progress with your further training!
After the course, you can join our regular confined or open water training sessions to improve your skills and get more confidence. We can also organize freediving fun dives at the best dive sites of Tioman!
- 3D2N PADI Advanced Freediver course in Tioman
- Not more than 4 students per course
- Flexible dates to suit your schedule
- No min. pax to sign up
- Min 15 years of age
- Certified as a PADI Freediver or equivalent from another recognized training agency
- Successfully completed the EFR Primary Care (CPR) course or its equivalent in the past two years
- PADI International Advanced Freediver certification
- PADI Online Material for all 3 PADI freediving training levels
- Use of all equipment
- 2 open water training sessions & 2 confined water sessions
- Instructor Fee
- Beverages (beers)
- Marine Park Fee – RM30
- Meals excluded
- Insurance Cover
What you will do
6:30am – Depart Singapore Flyer Bus Terminal
11:30am – Board the ferry at Tanjung Gemok Jetty
1:30pm – Alight at Tekek Jetty, Tioman Island.
1:45pm – Pick up by land transfer pre-arranged by ScubaDo
2:00pm – Check in to accommodation
2:30-3:30pm – Orientation and knowledge development
3:30-5:00pm – Confined water session 1 – static
7:00pm – Dinner, Free and Easy
8:00am – Light breakfast
9:00-10:30am – Confined water session 2 – dynamic
11:00am – Lunch
1:00-3:30pm – Open water training session 1
7.30am – Light breakfast
8:00-9:00am – Breathing and stretching workshop
9:00-11:30am – Open water training session 2
12:30pm – Lunch
13:30pm – Leave ScubaDo to Tekek Jetty
2:30pm – Board Ferry from Tekek to Tanjung Gemok
5:00pm – Depart back to Sg by coach
Keep these in mind
All PADI Training Courses are to be completed within six (6) months from the enrolment date. Deferment or extension of validity period will not be granted for any PADI Training Course regardless of medical or personal reasons. No refund in full or in part will be given upon expiry of the validity period. Kindly refer Full Term & Conditions.
- Subscribe your data roaming plan instead of buying local sim card as the 3G/4G services in the island is very limited.
What To Bring
- Bring your own swimsuit. Diving wetsuit will be provided
- Swimmers, towel, hat and sunscreen
- 2lt water bottle
- Student e-Record, Signed Medical form & statements – Can be downloaded here