PADI Freediver Course Singapore & Tioman
Level – 1
PADI Freediver course is your first step in the amazing underwater world, without excessive equipment and noise…
We conduct our PADI Freediver course over two days. The PADI Freediver course consists of
• Knowledge development
• 2 Confined water sessions in the shallow water at the sandy area of our house reef
• 2 Open water sessions – two training session conducted from our freediving boat
The Knowledge Development section of PADI Freediver course consists of independent learning using PADI Elearning portal, which covers equipment for freediving, breathing techniques, physiology (respiration, circulation, mammalian dive reflex), effects of pressure underwater, equalization, safety, etc.
Subsequently, upon arriving at Tioman, you will have additional knowledge review session with the instructor, in the course of which several important topics, such as breathing and equalization, will be reviewed in greater detail.
View More ▼
Confined water dives
All our confined water dives are conducted in the shallow water along a lengthy patch of sandy bottom of our house reef, located in the shielded bay. The pool like conditions of the confined water area will provide a comfortable and safe environment for the skills development, while being in the sea will better prepare you for the open water training sessions.
Your instructor will demonstrate the following freediving skills which you will then practice in the confined water under his supervision:
• the correct way to put on and remove freediving equipment
• warm up and correct breathing techniques prior to a static apnea attempt/dynamic apnea swim
• correct technique for completing a static apnea attempt/dynamic apnea swim
• correct buddy skills for supporting a free diver during a static apnea attempt/dynamic apnea swim
• rescue for a diver who simulates loss of motor control at the surface/blackout underwater
Open Water Training Dives
During the open water sessions you will be able to put everything you have learned in theory into practice!
On the first dive, with a maximum depth limit of 10 meters/30 feet, you will practice correct breathing techniques for open water free dive, perform a free dive to a maximum depth of 10 meters, and demonstrate a rescue for a buddy who simulates loss of motor control on the surface.
On the second freediving session, you will practice constant weight diving techniques for the maximum depth of 16 meters/50 feet, learn how to do safety for your buddy, and perform a rescue of a freediver who simulates blackout at 5 meters/15 feet.
Congratulations, you are now fully qualified PADI Freediver, certified to freedive to a maximum depth of 16 meters with a buddy worldwide!
If your schedule allows, we recommend staying a little longer and doing at least one optional fun dive, during which you can not only explore the wonders of the underwater world of Tioman and meet the local fishes but also apply the skills you learned during the training dives in the new setting of freediving for fun!
View Less ▲
- 2D1N PADI Freediver course in Tioman
- Not more than 4 students per course
- Flexible dates to suit your schedule
- No min. pax to sign up
- Min 15 years of age
- Anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water
- Able to swim 300 meters using fins, mask and snorkel
What you will do
6:30am – Depart Singapore Flyer Bus Terminal
11:30am – Board the ferry at Tanjung Gemok Jetty
1:30pm – Alight at Tekek Jetty, Tioman Island.
1:45pm – Pick up by land transfer pre-arranged by ScubaDo
2:00pm – Check in to accommodation
2:30-3:30pm – Theory review, breathing and equalization workshop
3:30-5:00pm – Confined water session 1 – static
5:30-7:00pm – Confined water session 2 – dynamic
8:00pm – Dinner, Free and Easy
7.30am – Light breakfast
8:00-9:00am – Basic stretching workshop and swim test
9:00-10:30am – Open water training session 1
11:00-12:30pm – Open water training session 2
12:30pm – Lunch
13:30pm – Leave ScubaDo to Tekek Jetty
2:30pm – Board Ferry from Tekek to Tanjung Gemok
5:00pm – Depart back to Sg by coach
- PADI International Freediver certification
- PADI Online Material for all 3 PADI freediving training levels
- Use of all equipment
- 2 open water training sessions & 2 confined water sessions
- Instructor Fee
- Beverages (beers)
- Marine Park Fee – RM30
- Meals excluded
- Insurance Cover
No. It’s optional to purchase transport & accommodation from us.
Theory will be via PADI e-Learning, self study at home.
Confined session will be conducted on the island, unless stated otherwise.
Some swimming ability is required. You need to have basic swim skills and be able to comfortably maintain yourself in the water. Your PADI Instructor will assess this by having you swim 300 metres/yards in mask, fins and snorkel. There is no time limit for the swim test, so you can go at your own pace.
The performance requirements are as follows:
- Theory exam score: 75+
- Static: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Dynamic: 25 meters
- Depth: 10 meters constant weight
Yes absolutely. One option is to freedive in contact lenses. If you are not a contact lens wearer then a prescription mask is a great option.
Some dive centers have prescription masks available but it can be difficult to hire one that matches your eyesight requirements exactly so it’s a good idea to invest in one of your own. If you are long sighted (have difficulty reading but are okay with distances), then you can buy prescription stickers that you apply to the lower section of a regular mask – much like wearing reading glasses.
What To Bring:
- Bring your own swimsuit. Diving wetsuit will be provided
- Swimmers, towel, hat and sunscreen
- 2lt water bottle
- Student e-Record, Signed Medical form & statements – Can be downloaded here
- Subscribe your data roaming plan instead of buying local sim card as the 3G/4G services in the island is very limited.