Having completed theory and the pool training and been awarded with Basic Freediver certification, you might want to upgrade it to PADI Freediver to be able to join the open water training sessions and fun dives.
To upgrade you will need to successfully complete 2 open water training dives in the course of 2 days.
Open Water Training Dives
During the open water sessions you will be able to put everything you have learned in theory into practice! On the first dive, with a maximum depth limit of 10 meters/30 feet, you will practice correct breathing techniques for open water free dive, perform a free dive to a maximum depth of 10 meters, and demonstrate a rescue for a buddy who simulates loss of motor control on the surface.
On the second freediving session, you will practice constant weight diving techniques for the maximum depth of 16 meters/50 feet, learn how to do safety for your buddy, and perform a rescue of a freediver who simulates blackout at 5 meters/15 feet. Congratulations, you are now fully qualified PADI Freediver, certified to freedive to a maximum depth of 16 meters with a buddy worldwide!
We also recommend doing at least one optional fun dive, during which you can not only explore the wonders of the underwater world of Tioman and meet the local fishes but also apply the skills you learned during the training dives in the new setting of freediving for fun!
- 2D1N PADI Freediver upgrade course in Tioman
- Not more than 4 students per course
- Flexible dates to suit your schedule
- No min. pax to sign up
- Min 15 years of age
- PADI Basic Freediver certification or equivalent from a recognized training agency
- PADI International Freediver certification
- PADI Online Material for all 3 PADI freediving training levels
- Use of all equipment
- 2 open water training sessions
- Instructor Fee
- Beverages (beers)
- Marine Park Fee – RM30
- Meals excluded
- Insurance Cover
What you will do
6:30am – Depart Singapore Flyer Bus Terminal
11:30am – Board the ferry at Tanjung Gemok Jetty
1:30pm – Alight at Tekek Jetty, Tioman Island.
1:45pm – Pick up by land transfer pre-arranged by ScubaDo
2:00pm – Check in to accommodation
3:00-4:30pm – Open water training session 1
6:00pm – Dinner, Free and Easy
7.30am – Light breakfast
8:30-9:00am – Basic stretching workshop
9:00-10:30am – Open water training session 2
12:30pm – Lunch
13:30pm – Leave ScubaDo to Tekek Jetty
2:30pm – Board Ferry from Tekek to Tanjung Gemok
5:00pm – Depart back to Sg by coach
Keep these in mind
All PADI Training Courses are to be completed within six (6) months from the enrolment date. Deferment or extension of validity period will not be granted for any PADI Training Course regardless of medical or personal reasons. No refund in full or in part will be given upon expiry of the validity period. Kindly refer Full Term & Conditions.
- Subscribe your data roaming plan instead of buying local sim card as the 3G/4G services in the island is very limited.
What To Bring
- Bring your own swimsuit. Diving wetsuit will be provided
- Swimmers, towel, hat and sunscreen
- 2lt water bottle
- Student e-Record, Signed Medical form & statements – Can be downloaded here